Top 10 Tuesday: Book Titles That Sound Like They Could Be Crayola Crayon Colors

 

TTT (Top 10 Tuesday) is a weekly meme created by That Artsy Reader Girl.

This week is 10 Book Titles That Sound Like They Could Be Crayola Crayon Colors. I'm going to be honest, this was crazily hard! Crayola have had some wacky names over the years, including Macaroni & Cheese, Surf's Up, Mountain Meadow, Twilight Lavender and Grandma's perfume (to name a few). So, this list of books are some that I think could work as Crayola colours (maybe?) and the colour swatch I think they'd be!

1. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 

3. State of Sorrow by Melissa Salisbury

4. I'll Give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson

5. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

6. Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

7. Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee

8. Forest of Souls by Lori M. Lee

9. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik

10. The Wicked Fox by Kat Cho

I hope you enjoyed this list, let me know in the comments which of these is your favourite or give me some of your best book titles that sound like they could be Crayola colours!

Books and bouquets. x

Comments

  1. I'm trying to imagine a kindergartener asking a friend to borrow her Heart of Darkness! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My options are maybe not so child-friendly, I read too much fantasy 😆

      Delete
  2. The Bone Season is such a great answer.

    And LOL Deb!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-literature-themed-colouring-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the first one I thought of :)

      Delete
  3. Some great choices here!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/04/13/top-ten-tuesday-311/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like State of Sorrow. All of these choices are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate that you added the color of the crayon with the title. Very clever. Thanks for visiting my blog and for assuring me that I am not alone in my estimation of the poetry book "The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One." I must have liked a few poems in it but I honestly don't remember them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt like I needed to include one so everyone could properly envisage the colour! I'm fairly sure I did like a few as well, early in the book perhaps.

      Delete
  7. STATE OF SORROW and I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN are actually really evocative to me. Opposite colors, but I can definitely see them. Interesting.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! State of sorrow was one of my favourites - I tried to make it a sombre dull blue colour, which I thought perfectly matched the name.

      Delete
  8. I love all of these! Forest of Souls would be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely deep green colour, really reminds me of a forest 😊

      Delete
  9. You came up with some really good titles for this one! My favs are Spinning Silver and I'll Give You the Sun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, I imagine our 2 silver shades to be very similar 💓

      Delete
  10. Very neat selection and color swatches. I like how you handled this week's topic. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love some of those titles! Surf's Up and Grandma's Perfume (??!?). anyway I really like Dragon Pearl and Forest of Souls. The Bone Season is awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - not even sure what colour they were envisioning with Grandma's perfume?? Thank you very much :)

      Delete
  12. Great picks! I love that you even included The Bone Season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to read the bone season actually 😬

      Delete
  13. Great list, Charlotte. I love the way you included the colours. So imaginative.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was necessary! Thanks for visiting Marianne :)

      Delete
    2. True. I included the colours, as well, but not as greatly as you did.

      Delete
  14. I love how you did the colour swatches! The dark green for forest of souls is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carmilla and Dragon Pearl seems like beautiful colors. I think I can see myself coloring with it.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT post!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment